To help you out, we've put together a list of 10 things to do after you get engaged.
1. Celebrate with your family and friends—but don't forget to take some time for just the two of you as well! This is a momentous occasion that you'll want to remember forever, so savor it.
2. Once the celebrations are over, sit down with your fiancé and start brainstorming ideas for your big day. What kind of wedding do you want? Where do you want to have it? who do you want to invite? These are all important questions that you'll need to answer before you can start planning in earnest.
3. Start thinking about your budget. How much money do you have to work with? How much can you realistically afford to spend on your wedding without going into debt? This will help narrow down your options and make planning a lot easier.
4. Start looking for wedding venues! This is one of the most important—and most expensive—parts of wedding planning, so you'll want to get started on this as soon as possible. Ask friends and family for recommendations, look online, and schedule visits to potential venues.
5. Start compiling a list of potential vendors. This includes everything from caterers and florists to photographers and bands/DJs. Once again, friends and family recommendations can be extremely helpful here. You can also find vendor listings online or in wedding magazines.
6. Start working on your guest list! This is one of the most important—and most difficult—parts of wedding planning. You'll need to decide how many people you want to invite and then start figuring out who makes the cut. Be prepared for some tough decisions!
7. Now that you have an idea of how many people will be attending your wedding, start thinking about catering options. How much food will you need? What kind of food do you want to serve? Will you need special accommodations for any of your guests (e..g., vegetarian, kosher, halal)?
8. Once you have a general idea of what kind of wedding you want and how much money you have to work with, it's time to start looking at dresses! This is one of the most fun parts of wedding planning, so enjoy it! Make appointments at bridal shops or schedule trunk shows with designers whose dresses you like. Try on as many different styles as possible until you find the one that's perfect for you.
9. Find a wedding planner! If the thought of planning an entire wedding yourself is overwhelming, consider hiring a professional wedding planner to help lighten the load. A good planner can be worth their weight in gold when it comes to making sure everything goes off without a hitch on your big day.
10. Enjoy this special time in your life! Planning a wedding can be stressful, but it's also an incredibly exciting time in your life so try to savor every moment leading up to your big day!
Congratulations on taking this exciting step in your relationship! Planning a wedding may seem daunting at first, but following these 10 steps will help make sure that everything goes smoothly leading up to your big day!